The annual search for Britain’s most talented press photographers and videographers has started with the opening of submissions for the annual Picture Editors’ Guild Awards and we are delighted to once again support the awards through our sponsorship of The Regional Photographer of the Year category.
The awards recognise the highly talented photographers working in the fields of news, royalty, sport, business, fashion and entertainment and submissions are now open until midnight Sunday 6th December 2015 – details below. Winners will receive prizes from a range of sponsors – including Bloomberg, BT, British Airways, Fixation, Qatar Airlines and Genesis Imaging at the annual awards event, which is due to take place at The Honorable Artillery Company Headquarters on February 25th 2016.
The Picture Editor’s Guild Awards – Categories:
- Bloomberg Business Photographer of the Year
- Christies Arts and Entertainment Photographer of the Year
- Fixation Young Photographer Bursary
- Getty Royal Photographer of the Year
- Genesis Imaging Regional Photographer of the Year
- BT Sports Photographer of the Year
- UK Picture Editors Guild Videojournalist of the Year
- UK Picture Editors Guild News Photographer of the Year
- UK Picture Editors Guild Photo Essay of the Year
- ** NEW** Qatar Airlines National Newspaper Photographer of the Year
From these categories, The Shutterstock Press Photographer of the Year will be selected.
Entries are judged from working picture editors from national, regional and international publications, as well as photography agencies – all of whom view thousands of photographs evenry single day.
Entry to submit photos to the Picture Guild Awards has a £20 charge but is free for the Videojournalist category. Images must have been taken between July 17th, 2014 and July 16, 2015. Final submission for entries is midnight, Sunday December 6th 2015, for still photography and videos.