Our Commitment to Sustainability
We, at Genesis Imaging, have a commitment to sustainability which is evident throughout our practises and with the suppliers who we choose to work with.
We ensure that chemicals are recycled or disposed of responsibly, where recycling may not be possible. We ensure that our suppliers meet strict environmental standards, and our largest supplier, Fujifilm, are constantly striving towards more sustainable production. Their paper production processes now operate exclusively on wind energy. They also generate their own energy, and have installed a large afterburner and five wind turbines. Fujifilm has additionally recently built a joint water purification plant with neighbouring companies.
The packaging which we use is recycled where possible and we encourage clients to reuse or return packaging materials for us to re-use to reduce the impact on the environment.
The wooden mouldings we use for our framing are from sustainable sources that are managed to meet environmental, social and economic needs for both the present and future, as certified by the FSC scheme. As part of our commitment to producing work which stands the test of time, we use the finest 8-ply acid-free and neutral PH museum conservation-quality board, which is certified by The Fine Art Trade Guild and offers exceptional preservation qualities that conform to the highest conservation standards
Additionally our website, genesisimaging.co.uk, has been produced by Wholegrain Digital, a certified B corporation who actively balance purpose and profit and work towards carbon neutral websites.
Full Environmental Policy
The management of Genesis Imaging Limited recognises that the day-to-day operations can impact both directly and indirectly on the environment. We aim to protect and improve the environment through good management and by adopting best practice wherever possible. We will work to integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions and adopt greener alternatives wherever possible, throughout our operations.
In order to discharge its responsibilities the management will:
1. bring this Environmental Policy Statement to the attention of all stakeholders
2. carry out regular audits of the environmental management system
3. comply fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations at International, National and Local levels
4. eliminate risks to the environment, where possible, through selection and design of materials, buildings, facilities, equipment and processes
5. ensure that emergency procedures are in place at all locations for dealing with environmental issues
6. establish targets to measure the continuous improvement in our environmental performance
7. identify and manage environmental risks and hazards
8. improve the environmental efficiency of our transport and travel
9. involve customers, partners, clients, suppliers and subcontractors in the implementation of our objectives
10. minimise waste and increase recycling within the framework of our waste management procedures
11. only engage contractors who are able to demonstrate due regard to environmental matters
12. prevent pollution to land, air and water
13. promote environmentally responsible purchasing
14. provide adequate resources to control environmental risks arising from our work activities
15. provide suitable training to enable employees to deal with their specific areas of environmental control
16. reduce the use of water, energy and any other natural resources
17. source materials from sustainable supply, when practicable.
This Environmental Policy will be reviewed at least annually and revised as necessary to reflect changes to the business activities and any changes to legislation. Any changes to the Policy will be brought to the attention of all stakeholders.